Friday, September 23, 2016

Whiteface Shelter - Nobo 215

This post is from September 23, 2016.  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1381679183

Only made 13.7 miles today. Crossing Mt. Mansfield in a cold driving rain was insane. Some of the trail there is dangerous in any conditions never mind those. There were narrow cliff edges with downward sloping smooth rock in the rain with lethal drop-offs of 60-70 feet! I was completely soaked with boots squishing out water by the time I descended to Smugglers Notch. Then another big ascent up here. I was too tired to find the tent platform so I just set up my sleeping bag in this 3 sided shelter. I am alone here- again.

There weren't pictures today because of the rain but I got these from the shelter tonight:



1 comment: