Monday, September 26, 2016

Hazens Notch - Nobo 254

This post is from September 26, 2016.  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1381679375

 I woke up this morning with a swollen painful right ankle and I knew it was going to be a difficult day the 7 miles that I did were very slow and difficult and when I got to the dirt road which is Vermont route 58 I decided I needed to get off the trail and recover. Helen and I had already made plans to meet in Montgomery Center (http://phineasswann.com/) tonight for me to finish tomorrow.  This is a 6 mile ride from the trailhead. I was able to get a ride down with a couple of day hikers who had parked their car at the trailhead.  I only had to wait about 20 minutes which was not bad. Although my plans of finishing on September 27 have been foiled, it may all work out rather well.  My plan will be to recover and to come back and finish the remaining 20 miles as a pair of adjacent day hikes before the weather gets too cold. Here's a shot of the trail head at Hazen's notch Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment